Sydney Secondary College Leichhardt Campus

Quality, Opportunity, Diversity

Telephone02 9560 2355


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

Apply online. If you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident you are eligible to complete the online enrolment application. You will then need to finalise the application at the school.

If you are not eligible or prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

For more information, visit secondary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

Out-of-area enrolments

As outlined in the department’s enrolment policy, our school may accept enrolments from outside our local enrolment area if places are available.

We will assess applications for non-local enrolment on a case-by-case basis.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.


Selective enrolments Years 7 – 12

Students are placed in selective high schools and opportunity classes based on academic merit. Academic merit is mainly determined by the combination of the results of the Selective High School Placement Test or the Opportunity Class Placement Test (both hereinafter referred to as ‘placement tests’) together with primary school assessments of student performance in English and mathematics. Additional evidence of academic merit may also be considered at the discretion of the selection committee.

Year 7 enrolments are offered by the Department to students who are successful at the Selective Schools Test conducted early in the final year of primary school. This test and all offers of placement are conducted external to the school by the Department's High Performing Students Unit.

Years 8–12 selective enrolments are conducted by the relevant Campus and are subject to available places and the meeting of academic criteria.

Application for Years 8-12 entry to selective high schools form.

Application must be made formally through the relevant Campus with as much supporting evidence as possible. Application forms are available from the Campus or Department’s High Performing Students Unit towards the end of June each year.

A placement panel, including the Campus Principal or delegate, a teacher representative and a parent representative, considers all applications before an offer is made. Demonstrated evidence of high academic achievement must be evident.

All selective students must be Australian citizens, permanent Australian residents or the child of diplomatic staff.

Waiting lists will be established where there are no places available at the time of application or where requests for enrolment exceed available places. Waiting lists are current for one year. Parents will be advised if their child is being placed on a waiting list.

Further information can be obtained via the Selective High Schools placement website.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.

DE International - Information for international students interested in studying at NSW Government Schools can visit